Your privacy is important to us.
A copy of the Act is available at: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2014C00076
In our policy:
- the website located at www.sydneyfilmschool.com is referred to as the "Site"
- Sydney Film School Pty Ltd (ACN: 106 693 190) is referred to as "we", "our", "us"
- you, as a user of the Site are referred to as "you" and "your"
- a Student is someone who is enrolled as a student at the Sydney Film School
Under the Act, personal information is information about an individual by which that individual’s identity can be reasonably ascertained.
We operate the Site.
By accessing the Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
If you provide us with your personal information, you consent to our collection, use and storage of that information in accordance with this policy.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when:
- you apply to be a student at Sydney Film School
- you provide us with information by speaking to us, sending us a letter, emailing or telephoning us
- When you visit the Site, or log-in to third party sites from the Site, we will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser.
You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools. Please be aware that, if you reject the cookie, you will not be able to use our web-based services.
What information do we collect?
We will ask you to provide us with information about yourself when you apply to be a Student.
Some of this information will be personal information for the purposes of the Act.
If you apply to be a Student the minimum personal information that we collect when you apply on the Site is your name, gender, date of birth, citizenship details, address, telephone number, personal resume and a personal statement.
If you apply as an international Student we will also ask for your passport details and a scanned copy of your passport.
You can provide to us additional information (ie cultural and language information, prior education, employment status, study reason) when you apply on the Site. This information can be removed or amended at any time.
How we protect information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction. We will retain the information for a reasonable amount of time after your enrolment ends.
In order to enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the Site, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors access to your personal information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
For what purposes do we use information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- assess your application to be a Student
- enable you to enrol as a Student
- respond to any enquiry you have
- provide access to the Site
- provide support related to the Site aspects
- improve the user experience
- facilitate quick retrieval of relevant information
- improve and adapt the content we deliver to you
- alert you to updated information on the Site
- investigate problems, resolve disputes or enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use.
For what purposes do we NOT use information?
We will not:
- sell your personal information, such as name, contact details (email or street address) to third parties
- use your contact details (email or street address) to send you marketing materials.
When do we give information to third parties?
We will make the information we collect from you available to third parties:
- where it is necessary for your application to be assessed
- where it is necessary for you to enroll as a Student
- as reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Site available to you
- for the purposes of product development, research or statistical analysis
- when we reasonably believe it is required by law
- when you give us permission to do so
- as reasonably necessary in order to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- as necessary to assert our rights.
Updating your information
You may access and update or correct the information we hold about you whenever you choose to do so.
How to Contact Us
You may want to contact us about the personal information we hold about you (including to correct any information) or to ask a question about our Policy or to make a complaint related to a breach by us of the Act.
You may do so by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at
PO Box 602, Alexandria NSW 2015 Australia
- calling us by telephone on +61-2-9698 2244
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commission by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Effective June 2015